This policy describes the personal information collected by RedKing LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, (“CipherKit
” or “us
”) on its publicly available sites, which include but are not limited to https://www.cipherkit.com as well as our mobile sites, native apps and browser extensions (together as the "Sites
"), why we collect it, how we use it, and when we share it with third parties.
By visiting the Sites (all such persons as a “User
"). Unless otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms shall have the meanings assigned to them in the CipherKit Terms of Service, which can be found Terms and Conditions
, you may not use the Sites.
Certain features and services offered through the sites require affirmatively consenting to additional terms and conditions (the “Additional Services
”) available within the End User License Agreements (“EULAs
Information We Collect and Opting Out of Automatic Collection
We collect the following information that you submit to us voluntarily:
Use of Information We Collect
- As you use the Sites, certain information may be collected passively, including your Internet protocol (IP) address and the browser that you use to visit the Sites. CipherKit may use "cookies," “pixel tags” and other tracking technologies to enable functionality on our websites, as well as a variety of other ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing. CipherKit may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them), as well as other similar technologies, for a variety of tasks, for instance, to store your account credentials enhance your browsing experience. Pixel tags in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. These technologies may also be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, other actions you take in connection with the sites and our online ads.
- In addition, we collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as email addresses and other personal information you enter, including in your account profile, on the form on our homepage that allows you to send encrypted emails, and elsewhere on the Sites.
- We currently use Google Analytics to collect traffic information on our homepage, sign up pages, landing pages and login page, but do not use these or any other third party tracking tools on any other part of our site or services. We do not use Google Analytics to track the behavior of individual users or personally identifiable information of individual users.
- More information can be found out about Google Analytics here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en.
- As of now, we do not use any third party providers for any ad-technology or tracking technology. However, in the future, we may work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to enhance the Sites and the Additional Services. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites.
- For more information about your privacy and choices with regard to online tracking technologies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
- We may combine the information we collect through these various technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with notifications related to your use of the Sites and to contact individuals, including by email at email addresses that are provided to us or that we collect, with information and promotions regarding the Sites and the Additional Services. Individuals may opt out of promotional emails by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
including their email address.
We may create anonymized information from Personal Information by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymized information for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance the Sites and Additional Services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose such anonymized information at our discretion.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share some or all of your Personal Information with any parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (collectively, "Affiliates
In the event CipherKit enters into a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, including pursuant to bankruptcy, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred and consent to such transfer.
We may (and you authorize us to) disclose or retain, for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish the below, information we have collected from and about you (including Personal Information) if we believe in good faith that such disclosure or retention is necessary to:
Choices Regarding Personal Information
- to respond to subpoenas, warrants served on us or other government request, or otherwise comply with applicable law, court order, judicial or arbitral process;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of us, the users of our Sites and Services, or third parties.
If we do ask for Personal Information, we may provide you with the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
We may send newsletters, promotional communications or other similar messaging to our users, however, you may opt out of any such promotional communications.
We may send you service-related announcements when we believe it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these announcements, as they are not primarily promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you will be given the choice to opt-out of receiving further communications from us.
We may notify you when your Personal Information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
If and when we delete Personal Information that we have collected from or about you, it may either be deleted from our active databases or flagged as ‘unavailable,’ but may remain in our databases or archives unless otherwise required by law.
Other Web Sites
Privacy of Minors and Children
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information in the Sites from those visitors and Users of the Additional Services who are under eighteen (18) years old. Additionally, Pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under thirteen (13). In fact, the Sites and Additional Services are not intended for children under thirteen (13) or to solicit information of any kind from children under thirteen (13).
CipherKit has put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However no company, including CipherKit, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. Your use of the Sites is at your own risk.
We are not responsible for your actions or omissions that may result in the compromise of your Personal Information or account credentials, including your actions and omissions with regard to your account credentials, your account on the Sites, and the security of the software, hardware or network you use to access the Sites.
We recommend that you:
- Only run CipherKit on Chrome.
- Keep your version of Chrome up-to-date.
- Run malware scanners regularly.
- Use a strong, unique password for your account on the Sites. Do not share this password with anyone. If you must store a copy of it, it should be stored in hard copy, not digital copy, and in a secure location, such as a safe-deposit box or large, heavy safe, and not under your keyboard or in your wallet.
- Do not enable any extension or preference that route https traffic to http traffic.
- Do not install browser extensions except from trusted sources.
- Update your desktop, laptop and devices operating systems regularly.
- Use Privacy Badger and UBlock Origin – but make sure to whitelist CipherKit.
- Make sure you have strong password protection on your work and home wifi networks.
- Use two-factor authentication wherever possible (coming soon here).
- Make sure that you have established a pin with the mobile phone provider that controls the account you use for two-factor authentication. Phishing your phone account is one of the easiest ways to hijack secure account credentials.
Failure to do any of the above may result in the compromise of the security of your account and CipherKit will not be responsible for such compromise.
Please note that CipherKit personnel will never
ask for your password.
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we may notify you here, by email, by means of a notice on our home page, or by another method we so choose.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Sites who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and provide contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to:
Red King LLC
c/o Moses & Singer LLP
405 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10170
ATTN: CipherKit California Privacy Requests
Do Not Track
While many current browsers permit you to send a signal to us about your Do Not Track (“DNT
”) preferences, we do not respond to DNT signals sent from your browser.
CipherKit makes no claims that user content uploaded may be appropriately protected pursuant to privacy and data protection laws outside of the United States. Users from outside the United States, including the European Union, are advised that CipherKit stores personal information on servers within the United States, and they are further advised that personal information uploaded to the Sites may not be protected in accordance with their local laws and regulations. If you upload personal information to the Sites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. CipherKit is not responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction and makes no representations, warranties or guarantees that it complies with privacy, data protection or cyber security laws or similar laws or regulations outside the United States.